Wednesday, May 5, 2010

May Stamp Club Projects

The May Stamp Club projects are all about using supplies from the new Summer Mini Catalog, and as many retiring colors as I can!

Well I've been trying to cut back on "buying the world" to save on expenses, so I didn't invest in the Father's Day stamp set in the catalog.  However, I did get the "Rough Type" (118659 wood, 120072 clear) alphabet set.  And since not everyone needs or wants to make a Father's Day card, I will be offering the option of making your own message (within size limitations).  The neat thing about buying this set as a clear-mount, is that you can put several letters together to form a word and stamp once!  I've always wanted to do this!  This card also uses the new Specialty Designer Series Paper "Presto Patterns" (117175).  This paper is Whisper White, with a glossy white design that is revealed when you rub other colors on it.  There are two designs from that paper pack that lend themselves best to cards.  I decided to use the brayer and Brocade Blue ink.  It's fun to watch the design emerge!
The next card is for birthdays, and I used the new Builder Wheels, and Builder Wheel Spindle and Spacers (119895).  There is also a Triple Cell Cartridge available, but I used a normal Jumbo Cartridge (Handsome Hunter - retiring) for this project.  What I did was, I put Builder Wheel "So Many Stars" (118620) on one end, a spacer in the middle, and "Candle Crazy" (118618) on the other end.  Then using the Stampin' Around Wheel Guide (104834) 3/4" from the bottom of the card front,  I wheeled only Candle Crazy.  I moved the Wheel Guide to 3/4" from the top of the card front, and wheeled only So Many Stars.  Cool!  The next cool new product I used was Smooch Spritz "Gold Glow" (118770) all over the front of the card to give it some pizzazz, and inked Summer Sun onto some of the stars and candle flames.

The final project is where I'm going to let everyone "go a little nuts".  This is your basic Jr.Notepad Cover project, using my favorite stamp set from the mini called "Elements of Style" (118611 wood, 120045 clear).  The base cover is Confetti Cream stamped all over with Creamy Caramel (retiring) flourish (OK, if you check back a couple of posts, you'll notice the similarity - hey, why mess with a good idea?).  After that, I stamped the large floral bouquet with Taken With Teal (retiring), and using Watercolor Wonder Crayons and blender pens, I watercolored the design, cut it out, stamped a few more flowers, cut them out, and put them on with Dimensionals.  I backed the cutout design with Taken With Teal and added Very Vanilla Taffeta ribbon as an accent.

OK, you ask, how are they going a little nuts?  Well, I'm basically going to give them the notepad cover and the stamp set, and tell them to use whatever colors they want.  Frankly, this is an odd combination, but not totally weird.  I think I used the following retiring colors: Taken With Teal, Pixie Pink, Cameo Coral (I will MISS this color!), Gable Green (I WON'T miss this one), Yoyo Yellow, Ballet Blue.  If someone wants to use other colors, or chalks instead of crayons, or watercolor pencils, or Aqua Painters, I'm going to have it all available to them.  And they can cut out the flower or not - back it with a different color.  I know, lots of flexibility here.  But I have the best Stamp Club in the world, and they're worth the potential mess we'll be making!

So, if these projects look fun to you, and you haven't planned on coming to my May Stamp Club, click on my website (Stampin' Up! logo on the sidebar) for dates and times!  As always, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment