Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Year - New Calendar!


Some of you may remember the Calendar Kit that was offered in the Holiday Mini 2008 Catalog.  I purchased one and combined it with the Triple On Board Clipboard (Item #109192) based on an idea I got from Caroline LeBel last year to make this:



I loved this calendar!  I had sort of hoped that Stampin' Up! would provide replacement pages for it this year but no luck, although they did have a really cute Calendar Kit in this year's Holiday Mini.  So what to do?  I updated my own! 



I created my own mini-calendar pages in Word and printed them out, and then stamped them appropriately (I'm not so proud of how January came out, so ignore it - actually, I may re-do it later since I can - ha ha!) For my new "YEAR" page on the left, I took one of the previous Calendar Kit pages (they all were double-sided with a colored backside) and used it to make my new "YEAR" page!  Quite a bit of what is on this page is RETIRED (Headline Alphabet, Rub-Ons, paper color), just to give you fair warning, but there is one NEW thing - the new Sweet Pea Stitched Felt pieces (Item #117266 in the 2010 Occasions Mini).  I got the Felt pieces for FREE when I became certified in My Digital Studio!  More about that product some other time!  Anyway, these Felt pieces coordinate perfectly with a new Designer Series Paper Stack called "Sweet Pea" (Item #117161) in case you are interested...

So now I'm ready for the new year with my new calendar!  Let me know if you'd like me to send you the Word files for my new calendar pages...

Stay warm,
Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment