Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Women's Retreat Notepad

This is the third year that I have had the privilege to serve on the committee for my church's Women's Retreat.  Naturally I've been a part of helping with the "crafts" aspect - making decorations for the tables, making little tzotchke's (did I spell that right?  you know, the little odds and ends), decorating the notepads and folders that are given to each attendee, and a couple of years, helping to design and/or run a card-making mission project.  Another talented lady on the committee is also a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, and usually most of what we made came from her very creative and experienced mind - the rest of us just did the busy work putting it all together - but this year I volunteered to design and make the notepad cover. 

Our theme this year is "Spring Clean-Up for Your Heart And Soul".  My first attempt was rejected - too many butterflies and not enough heart!  Plus, we changed the saying that was to go on the front:






So I tried again, using basically the same color scheme, but adding the bird from the Movers & Shapers die accessories "Holiday Shapes" and adding more hearts:

So what do you think?  I liked the fact that I was able to incorporate the Big Shot into both versions, and the birds/hearts stamp from The More The Merrier Hostess Set.  You'll note that much of what I'm using is retired, especially the Spring Flowers DSP, which I have a bunch of (back when they first started to offer double-sided decorative paper).  So this will keep the costs down for the committee - always a good thing!

I'd love comments on which one you like better - this will be a good test to see if anyone is even looking at my blog :-)!!  Thanks - have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment