Thursday, January 28, 2010

Valentine-Themed Cards!

The Valentine cards I made for my family this year were inspired by a very experienced and talented blogger Andrea Walford from Canada who shares her blog with her also very talented sister Sophia.  Andrea posted this card project and I thought I'd try it!

Except that, I didn't have "A Happy Heart" stamp set, and I didn't have Pretty In Pink Taffeta Ribbon, and I don't have "Warm Words" stamp set, and I didn't have "Shades of Spring DSP".  But, I did have "I {Heart} Hearts" (117010 wood, 118571 clear), and "Well Scripted" (117072 wood, 118601 clear), and I did have Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon (109065), and "Sending Love" DSP (117153).  So here's what I did instead!

This one is for daughter #1: 
 

This one is for daughter #2:
 

And this one is for my #1 SWEETIE!
 

And then, there's this one friend & neighbor that for two years in a row has spent a good deal of time and brain power figuring out very complex Carpool schedules for up to four families picking up their daughters from the Junior High Musical Rehearsals (not everyone has the same schedule either based on what parts they get) so I figured she needed a cute "Thank You" card for all she has done...



As I was working through which heart would be a good replacement for the one Andrea was using, I tried a few different ones from the I {Heart} Hearts stamp set, and in the end, I decided to use one of each for each card!  Cool, eh?  And I had already decided to add some Chocolate Chip buttons for my hubby's card to make it less "girly" so it made sense to go with Chocolate Chip ink on the sentiment for all of them as well.   On the last card for my friend Carla, I actually borrowed from a button set from last year that had Pink Pirouette buttons - I think they worked just fine!

So anyway, I'm set for Valentine's Day - hope you like my variations - and thanks Andrea for the great inspiration!

Cheers,
Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment