Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tastefully Tuesday - Warm The Oven! Savory Cheese Dip Mix

OK, today I just have to feature one of my new favorites "Warm The Oven! Savory Cheese Dip Mix"!  I know it's not a Returning Favorite, as I had promised for this month, but I served this in a recipe (see below) at my daughter's graduation party last weekend, and YUM-O!!!  Beware, double this recipe if you are planning on a hoard of teenagers (even girls!) coming to your house!  I was woefully unprepared, and had to rescue this wonderful appetizer away so some adults could try it as well!

Just add cream cheese and bake to enjoy the flavors of onion, tomato, garlic and spices. Serve bubbling with sliced French bread or crackers. Includes two packets (about 8 servings each). All natural.

Ingredients Needed:
  • 8 oz. softened cream cheese

2 - 0.75 oz. packets (1.5 oz.) 43g


Anyway, this is the recipe I used (which can be found on the Tastefully Simple home website):

Warm the Oven! Appetizer Crescents
Submitted by Tina Dodge (IL)
Ingredients
1 packet Warm the Oven! Savory Cheese Dip Mix
8 oz. softened cream cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp. milk
2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls


Directions
Combine first 4 ingredients; mix well and set aside. Separate each can of rolls into 4 rectangles; press seams together to seal. Spread each rectangle with 2 rounded tablespoons of cheese mixture. Slice each rectangle into 12 wedges (SIDE NOTE: I sliced each rectangle into 6 long pieces and rolled them up); roll, starting with short end. Place seam side down on greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Makes 8-10 servings (or 48 pieces).

No comments:

Post a Comment