Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Elements of Style - Summer Mini Sneak Peek

I have a confession to make - my favorite stamp sets have always been floral - especially vintage floral.  Maybe it's because they are so versatile, and floral images appear so often on feminine cards.  So of course one of the first ones I chose in my Summer Mini Pre-Order was a new one called Elements of Style.  Now I can't show you the actual stamp set yet, as it is not available to the public until May 1st, but I can show you my first attempt at making a card with it!
The main stamp from this set is a beautiful spray of flowers, and I thought about watercoloring it, but in the end I decided to make the flowers a "suggestion" in the background and showcase the gorgeous bird!  This set will also coordinate very nicely with Vintage Vogue (117690 wood, 118598 clear) currently available in the Occasions Mini catalog until the end of April (and will be available in the new Idea Book & Catalog 2010-2011).  So I will probably be making projects combining them in future posts.

What do you think?  Do you think my Stamp Club will want to do this card?  Or do you think they want to get o out the chalks and watercolor?

No comments:

Post a Comment