Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mini-Course Notepad Creations!

I had the best time teaching stamping to three 3rd-graders and one 5th grader this afternoon!  It was Mini-Course day at the grade school, and boy the kids were pumped up!  My students were so enthusiastic, it made it easy to teach!  I love to hear "wow - look at that!" and "that was fun" and "that was easier than I thought"!  We decorated an insert for RSVP pens, and then decorated the covers of the notepads that I prepared for them (I used Confetti Cream this year).  After a quick introduction into the do's and don'ts of stamping, they got down to business.  They loved the Stampin' Up! color names (I used mostly retired or retiring colors) and I got in a lesson on "alliteration"! 

I provided about a dozen ink pads, a bunch of stamp sets (I made the theme butterflies and flowers), and all the punched/die-cut images I've saved over the last year or so plus a few new ones (had to try the new Beautiful Wings embosslit).  I also gave them access to some retired and/or non-SU ribbon.  Each girl got a glue-stick, instructions, their decorated pad and pen, and any cards they made if they had extra time.

Anyway, I know you want to see their creations, but first here was my example:

Not bad, but you should see how they took this idea and ran with it!  First Hannah, the fifth-grader - I love how the red dots coordinated with the ribbon she found!  I wish I had taken pictures of the cards she made - very creative and talented mind!

Then there was Lisa, who liked using one ribbon to hold the notepad closed (which we didn't have on for the picture, sorry! - it was Apple Green grosgrain):

And Olivia, who became the queen of the "layered flower" look:

And last but not least, Caitlin, who did a great job incorporating sayings into her notepad cover!


No comments:

Post a Comment