Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tastefully Tuesday - Sun Dried Tomato Veggie Dip Mix!

Happy Belated Easter, and Happy Spring too!  Along with warmer temperatures comes the tendency for some lighter fare - and Tastefully Simple's Sun Dried Tomato Veggie Dip Mix (723300) fits the bill perfectly!

With the fresh flavors of sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, onion and parsley, this dip delivers a whole lot of flavor. Excellent with crisp veggies, but you'll love it on crackers or spread on sandwiches, wraps and burgers, too. Just add mayonnaise and sour cream.

Ingredients Needed:
  • ¼ cup mayonnaise**
    **Real mayonnaise only.
  • ¾ cup sour cream***
    ***Light may be used.
  •  
I brought some of this to the family Easter dinner in a really cute dip bowl that I found in a shop in downtown Naperville where the spreading knives are bunny ears (tee hee!)  Of course did I take a picture?  No!  Sorry about that... anyway, this dip was perfect for a veggie tray, which in our house is basically a "pepper tray" because if I just buy one at the store Nora will eat the 4 or 5 peppers in a heartbeat!  I've learned to make my own tray where it is basically peppers with one or two other veggies thrown in (LOL)!  Anyway, this stuff is great!  Tasted good on the one or two crackers I spread it on as well!

The best part about Tastefully Simple's dips is that you can make them low-fat if you add lower fat ingredients!  The instructions do say to use REAL mayonnaise, but they just mean "NO MIRACLE WHIP!"  That stuff has way too many added things like vinegar and such.  I use low-fat or fat-free mayo all the time and it works fine.

Anyway, give this stuff a try - my Stamp Club will this weekend, along with another new item that I'll reveal at next week's "Tastefully Tuesday!"

No comments:

Post a Comment