Monday, March 8, 2010

Another Skinny Tin Gift Card Set

You may recall the January Stamp Club project we did with the Skinny Tins, Good Neighbors stamp set (118378 wood,119116 clear), and Welcome Neighbor Paper Pad (118401) to highlight the start of the Sale-A-Bration period.  It was one of my group's favorite projects - take the concept and run with it! (OK, some love it more than others!)  One club member couldn't make it that month so I decided to hang on to her supplies and make up another tin to have on hand as a gift.  So of course I didn't do anything with it until the occasion finally came up! LOL!

One of my friends had asked me to buy tickets to her son's Boy Scout Pancake Breakfast, and/or provide raffle items, and/or advertise on their placemats.  Voila!  (No, not My Chef Guy, the other voila!)  So I had my raffle item, and this weekend got down to work creating another set.  This time I decided to include 8 gift cards to make it more substantial (hint: 6 cards fits best if you're not using a belly-band!)  So here is the tin cover:
And here are the card sets:

Since our January Stamp Club, I've acquired a few new sets.  This elephant is from "Out of the Box" (115342 - Level 1 Hostess Set).  First I made the Crushed Curry/Bermuda Bay combo, and decided that would be the "boy" card.  So I used Melon Mambo and Pretty In Pink for the "girl" card.

These are the birthday cards.  The one on the left picks up the theme of the tin cover.  The cupcake on the right-hand card is also from "Out of the Box" and I used the masking technique to get the cupcakes grouped.  The Curly Label image is from the Sale-A-Bration set "Vintage Labels" (118392 wood, 119122 clear) which is one of the more popular SAB sets I've seen ordered.

These are the "friendship" cards.  I pulled out the "My Way" punch (110709) for the card on the right which is a punch I don't use enough.  I found these two hearts in the leftover scraps from the Stamp Club!  I just cut them out and incorporated them in the card!  Oh, the third heart on the envelope was in the scraps too!  Waste not want not!

These are the "thank you" cards.  This time the Designer Label image was used, also from "Vintage Labels", and the flower on the envelope is also from "Out of the Box" (hey, when things are handy, you use what you got!)  I do think the button is retired from last year because I think it is Kiwi Kiss.  But it goes very well with Old Olive.  The Old Olive twill 1/4" ribbon on the right-hand card is also retired, from SAB or a mini a year or two back.

And here is the item all packaged up and ready to go!  Too bad I can't go to the breakfast to see who wins it, but I hope it's a stamper!  But I will be at my Women's Retreat, seeing who wins my other door prizes!  It is so much fun to put these together!

Well, that's all for now,

Happy Monday!
Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment