Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Simply Sunday Sketch Challenge

I'm a little late posting my contribution to this challenge this week - I've had a lot going on!  So here it is today.  This is the weekly challenge posted by Stamp With Heather.  Here is this week's sketch:

And here is my creation.

 The stamp sets are Wings Of Friendship (114308 - Hostess Level 2), Vintage Labels (118392 SAB), and Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370).  The patterned paper is Chocolate Designer Series Paper Patterns (112164), and Stitched Felt Flowers (117266). 

What do you think?  I think the Stitched Felt Flower looks a little weird. You may disagree.  Please post a comment and let me know if you think a different flower would've looked better, or a different embellishment altogether.  I love these flowers but have been flummoxed (there's a word for ya) about the best way to use them - even with inspiration abounding across the internet! I think part of what I don't like is that the Rose Red on the flower looks different than the Rose Red on the bird, which was colored with markers since I omitted some of the designs of the image.  Anyway, I like the card otherwise.

Have a great day - hump day, hooray!
Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment