Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tastefully Tuesday - Nana's Apple Cake!

Continuing on with my tradition of classic products that I always have in my pantry is Nana's Apple Cake (157108)!  The first time I made this, I was amazed because it takes 2 cups of chopped apples (any kind) and 2 eggs.  That's it.  No water, no oil!  It is great a coffee cake, or it can be made into muffins.  However, my favorite way to eat it is to pour Creamy Caramel Sauce (388108) on it too!  Here's what I do:
Bake the cake according to the package directions in a 9" greased cake pan.  After baking, take it out and remove from pan, inverting it onto a cake plate.  Microwave the Creamy Caramel sauce for 1 minute, then pour about 1/2 the jar all over the cake, and let cool.  As Rachael Ray would say - YUM-O!  Scoop some vanilla ice cream on the side, add some pecans or walnuts, sheer heaven!

Either way, simple or fancy, this stuff is great!  Do you need some in your pantry?  Drop me a line and I'll help you out!

No comments:

Post a Comment