Friday, February 5, 2010

Definitely Decorative Decor Elements: Fleur-de-lis Accent

I have this cute bucket that I bought on a whim from Pottery Barn years ago - I liked it because of the attached bottle opener and imagined carrying the bucket full of my husband's home-brewed beers to the screen porch on warm summer evenings... Can't say we ever did that - it seems we don't sit leisurely in the screen porch very much at all (I mean when the weather is permitting).  So I'm trying to find other uses for this bucket, but in the mean time, I spied it in the closet and thought - ah ha!  Rub-ons!  Well, none of my rub-ons were suitable, so then I thought - ah ha!  Decor Elements!

I chose the Fleur-de-lis Accent (Definitely Decorative Insert 119575 - small white) because it fit pretty well on the side and make it pretty much "non-seasonal".  A word of advice when applying Decor Elements to uneven surfaces like this one, make sure you carefully press the image into each ridge - I did both sides, and although the first side looks OK, the piece "spans" the ridges and probably won't wear as well.  We'll see.

So that's what I have to show you today!  Stay tuned, tomorrow I'll show off my daughter's very creative Valentine card using all Stampin' Up!'s heart punches!

No comments:

Post a Comment