Monday, February 22, 2010

More Retreat Door Prize Cards

My goal is to make a dozen unique cards for the Retreat Door Prize Card Packs - I used 2 of the card ideas from my February Stamp Club, then yesterday's Sunday Sketch Challenge with Heather Summers.  Today I made three more cards, and my inspiration came from three very different places.

The first came from my good friend Debbie, who was the person who introduced me to Stampin' Up! in the first place!  About seven years ago I went to a workshop with Debbie, a brand-new demonstrator, and I placed $100 order that first night!  Anyway, I was in Debbie's Stamp club for a couple of years, and now she's in my Stamp club!  Debbie sent me this cute card right after the holidays - I was so happy to see flowers after months of Christmas & Fall themed cards!  She used Kiwi Kiss (such a great color) for the base color, and the retired set Botanical Blooms and the current set Elegant Thank You.  Thanks Debbie - you are still an inspiration to me!






The second card was CASE'd about 95% from Stampin' Success (lots of great ideas in that newsletter this month - I'm not done with it yet!)  I used Naturals Ivory instead of Whisper White and I laced the button with Hemp Twine instead of embroidery thread.  I do have embroidery thread, but the twine was on hand so... this card uses the Hostess Level 2 set Wings of Friendship.  You might notice that the flower is in a different place than what you see on the stamp set.  I used a 1" circle cut from a post-it note to mask the lower flower before inking up the stamp, then pulled it off to stamp the image.  A lot easier than marker-ing up just what I needed!  This is a pretty advanced card - paper piercing, buttons, Pretties Kit pearls, masking - but it's shown as the kind of card you give to a hostess instead of demonstrating at a workshop.

The third card was an idea I saw on Dawn Griffith's website.  She's supposed to have a video on how to make it coming out later this week, but I thought I'd try to guess how she did it.  The reason I liked it is that it is totally a guy's card - and I needed to include a couple of these in the card set.  Besides, I have plenty of flowers everywhere else!  The technique she will be demonstrating is "faux suede" - so we'll see if I got it right!  I still like Dawn's better, but it's a guy's card.  I showed it to my husband and his band-mate, and they humoured me and told me it was nice.  Not sure why I did that!

So now I'm half-way done - and so far I have three Thank You cards, two Birthday cards, and one Friendship card.  Tomorrow I'll be working on a sympathy card, and maybe some all-occasion cards.  I'll take suggestions - especially for ones that are not to "flowery"!

Bye for now!
Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment