Monday, February 1, 2010

February Club Projects - Part II - Spring Thank You Card

This card was designed the old-fashioned way (i.e., not with My Digital Studio, just playing with packs of paper and colors), and it was actually the first card I made to play with the new Scallop Trim Border punch (SAB 118402) when I pre-ordered it back in December.  At the time, I was still in the last throes of Christmas projects, and it killed me to set everything to the side until I was ready for Christmas!

This card uses the Level 1 Hostess Set "Of The Earth" (115336).  I used markers to color the image - and if you look closely you can see the that flower and the butterfly have two colors each - an effect I especially love!  The "Thanks" image is from the "Thanks" embosslit (115957) and I trimmed off the striped portion for this card.  Topped it off with a Mini Library Clip (109857) (I love these!) and there you go!  I stocked up on both sizes of the Library Clips back in December during Stampin' Up!'s Holiday sales - good deal!  This card also features a stamped "inside" and when you close the card the Very Vanilla "peeks" out through the Scallop Border Trim!  I love that!
So check back tomorrow for the third and final February project - if you like these and want to try making them contact me about reserving a seat in one of my two February Workshop dates (Sat. Feb13th or Sun. Feb14th).
By for now!
Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment