Wednesday, February 10, 2010

More Valentine's Day Cards!

Earlier I posted the cards I'm giving to Jeff and the girls - today I'm showing off the creations that the girls have made to give to their grandparents!

First, Nora's pop-up card (her favorite kind of card to make):

Second, and I love this, her "Heart Explosion!" card!  She's so dramatic, she has a simple cover with just a few hearts, you open the card and "Wham!" - lotsa hearts!  Poor thing, her arm was getting sore sticking all those hearts on so I helped her out (sorry for the blurry shot - I'm not a good photographer!)

Next are the cards that Ruth made.  Ruth used to LOVE to stamp when she was little, but now her interests are more "teenage" - computer games, I-Pods/I-Tunes, movies (especially scary ones - ick!) - however, she is STILL very creative, and when I told her I wanted her to make a couple of cards for her grandparents for Valentine's Day (as they are always very generous with her about that) - she came up with some very cute designs and even went a bit "outside the box" on one of them, as you can see, with the non-traditional colors.  I loved them both!

Finally, this is the card that I'm giving to Jeff's folks and mine (same card - I know, I'm boring).  I culled a few elements from card ideas I'd seen online, and using Sending Love DSP and the new stamp set Well Scripted again, oh, and the Polka Dots impressions folder for the Big Shot, came up with what I thought was a pretty nice design.  And I was able to use some of the Red Polka-Dot grosgrain from the Holiday Mini that I still had left over.  I'm really getting into decorating the inside of the card now too - can you tell?

Anyway, that's all for now - sorry for the delay in posting but I wanted to have them all together at one time.  Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment