Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Even More Retreat Door Prize Cards

I made three more cards today - the theme was "Whisper White base"!  Not intentionally, it just worked out that way.  And all three of these cards were based on ideas I saw on Stampin' Connection.

First, a sympathy card, which is always good to have on hand.  Close As A Memory is where the flower image is from, and the sentiment is Thoughts & Prayers.  Both of these sets are great for making sympathy and thinking of you cards.  The original that I based this from had a lot more white in it, which was an interesting concept - monotone layering, but I felt like the mat around the image at least had to have some color, and I repeated that with the Modern Label punched image on the sentiment.  I used So Saffron, Mellow Moss, Close to Cocoa, and Always Artichoke inks.  The ribbon is from one of last year's Ribbon Originals collections called Dress Up.

Next up, I loved how this card was so simple, but injected a lot of color anyway!  Using the square scallop punch, I took my color scheme from the Flower Fusion (I and II) colors in my flower and brad.  It was not hard to find swatches of patterned paper in my vast paper stash that not only matched but gave me a variety of patterns!  Cool huh!  This is the kind of card that can be whipped out really fast.  The hardest part was finding the right sizes and shapes of felt flowers, as I'm getting pretty low on Flower Fusion (and FF II is retired, so of course I have more of that).  This card could also be used for sympathy, or almost any occasion!

Last, one of my favorite stamp sets "Good Friend".  I LOVE the butterfly in this stamp set, and the font on the "for you" sentiment.  I went totally retired on the colors using Soft Sky and Blue Bayou.  I probably should have warned everyone that since these Card Sets are not for demo-ing, I'm using whatever products that suit my fancy or fit my need, retired or not.  This card could easily be made with any patterned paper, or even solid paper, as the texture from the Perfect Polka dots embossing folder give it plenty of interest on its own.

So, 9 down, 3 to go.  Up tomorrow - more "guy" oriented cards, and another of my favorite sets (OK, I have way too many favorites!)

After this, it will be on to decorating other donated door prizes, and an extra-special door prize (the likes of which you've seen on my blog in the past!)

Thanks,
Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment