Sunday, February 21, 2010

Simply Sunday Sketch Challenge

Hi everyone,

I've never participated in a sketch challenge, but I decided to take Heather up on hers since I need to come up with card ideas for the Door Prize I'm making for our church's Women's Retreat (I'm making Assorted Card Packs).  Most everything on this card is current except for the Designer Prints paper, which has designs from a couple of years back.  However, this could easily be swapped out with current designs or even solid paper - hey, I've got a lot of this stuff and it's still beautiful to use!  Anyway, I also wanted to play with a new technique for making paper flowers from the latest issue of Stampin' Success - this is one of the best perks of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator - getting a magazine once a month full of great ideas for cards, workshops, and more!  Anyway, here was the sketch:

And here was what I did with it:

I didn't alter the design too much except to put the greeting on the horizontal piece instead of the side.  I started with the Prints Sampler and Prints Pack, and I found a color combination in the 2009-2010 Idea Book & Catalog using Pretty In Pink, Rose Red, Barely Banana, and Close to Cocoa.  The brads are also Rose Red except for the center of the flower, which is a Very Vanilla 5/8" Neutrals Brad.  The flower itself is made out of three sizes of circles: 1", 1-3/8" (3) and 1-3/4" - snipped the edges and chalked and curled a bit.  The leaves are also from the Prints Pack in Certainly Celery.

So, along with a couple of the card ideas from the February Stamp Club, I now have 3 designs done for my card pack!  Last year I put in 12 unique cards in each pack, so if I decide to do that again, I only have 9 to go!  I love projects like this!

Hope you enjoyed this!
Peg

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along!!!! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card. I LOVE love LOVE the paper rose. thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete