Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday Sketch Challenge and March Stamp Club Sneak Peek #1

Well, it is Sunday again - time for Stamp With Heather and her Sunday Sketch Challenge!  When I saw the sketch this week I was thrilled.  You see I've been working on one of the March Stamp Club projects the last few days and while I had some elements in place, I wasn't sure how to put them together.  Here's the sketch:






First thing I thought was either I get to play with the Circle Cutter, or my new Scallop Circle die for the Big Shot, or both.  And maybe this is the time to pull out the Jumbo Grommets I've been hoarding!  So I got busy, and here's what I came up with:
This card has two techniques that I've been wanting to demonstrate to my club:  the "marbled" butterflies were made with the baby-wipe technique (LOVE THIS!), and the "lacy" butterfly was made using the KISS technique.  The Occasions Mini has a whole TWO pages of what they call "a la carte" stamps this time - individual stamps that are under $10.  On Page 42, all the stamps are meant to be used for the KISS technique, which is where you ink up the stamp with the design or detailed image, and then use that as your "stamp pad" for the a "solid" stamp.  In this case I used Fine Flourish (115709) and Butterfly Accent (119211).   For the marbled look of the other two butterflies, you take a baby-wipe sheet (don't unfold it) and put it into a pie-tin or other container, and add drops of stamping ink in several colors randomly to make a custom "stamp pad" for your stamp.  Again, this works best with "solid" style stamps.  The best part is, every time you stamp it comes out slightly differently!  I stamped way more butterflies than I needed, so I added one on the inside!

The ink colors I used for the baby-wipe technique were Old Olive, Orchid Opulence, and Rich Razzleberry.  The card base is also Orchid Opulence (love this color, where has it been in my repertoire lately?) and the polka-dot ribbon is 1/2" grosgrain in Rich Razzleberry, as is the ink color on the "happy Easter" message.  The Designer Series Paper is Cottage Wall, which is where I got my color inspiration from.  I've been wanting this paper for a long time, and finally treated myself (and my Stamp club) to it!

So Heather, hope you like this challenge, and everyone else too!  I'm just glad that my butterflies finally have a home to rest upon!

Cheers,
Peg

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful creation! LOVE the inside of your card! This card really makes me want spring to be here:) Thank you for participating!

    ReplyDelete