Tuesday, February 2, 2010

February Club Projects - Part III - St.Paddy's Day Easel Card!

One of my favorite parts of spring is St.Patrick's Day - it means winter truly is on its way out!  My family really gets into this holiday, and when you watch them dye the Chicago River green every year, that's my cousins out there doing it!  They have a huge party and really do it up big!  However, compared to some holidays it is somewhat minor, and I find it hard to find St.Patrick's Day stamp sets that suit me.  So I was thrilled when the Occasions Mini featured a new $10 and under stamp called "Go Green" (117074)!   I was poking around on-line for ideas, and I found two ideas that I decided to combine into my St.Patrick's Day card for the Club this month.

First, I used Dawn Griffith's demonstration on how to make an Easel Card on her blog.  Very easy, and a great way to turn a greeting card into a quick decoration.  Thanks Dawn!
Second, I saw a cute idea submitted by Christi Martin for making a leprechaun out of punches from the Stampin' Connection website (you can also see her card on her blog).  I love the creative projects I've seen with punches, and decided to try this one.  It actually was easier to put together than you would think - you kind of build him from the bottom up.  Thanks Christi!
I also decided to offer a simpler version using the new Small Heart punch (117193) from the Occasions Mini.
So those are my February Club Projects!  Interested in trying these?  Contact me to get a spot in my February Club Workshop or better yet, have a Workshop of your own!  With Sale-A-Bration going on this is the perfect time!

No comments:

Post a Comment