Saturday, February 6, 2010

Jamie's Graduation Card!

Hey everyone!
My cousin-in-law Jamie Kendall just finished her Bachelor's Certificate in (I think?) Fashion Design and today is her graduation bash!  Wish we could be there, but this is a busy weekend for my family and we had to say no to something - sorry Jamie!  However, I did make her this really fun card!  The outside was CASEd 100% from Elaine Schader who also posted it on the Stampin' Up! Connection.  When I looked at her website, she had CASEd it from a similar one that she saw on Splitcoaststampers !!  And so it goes!  Elaine had changed up the colors and flowers a bit, but the only thing I added was the design on the inside of the card.
The only stamping on the whole card is the sentiment on the front "WellScripted" (Occasions Mini 117072 wood-mount, 118601 clear-mount) in Old Olive and I sponged the edges of the inside card liner and the flowers in Ruby Red.  The So Saffron wide ribbon is from last year's Occasion's Mini, so it probably isn't available anymore, but those who were in my stamp club last year should have a piece of it in their stash that I gave them with their End-Of-Year Hostess gifts!  I got the idea to angle-cut the ribbon from Andrea Walford - which is another card I want to CASE sometime soon since it uses those cute Stitched Felt flowers!


Anyway, the flowers were all cut using the Birds & Blooms Sizzlit (113485) and the Little Leaves Sizzlit (114511).  The dotted background is the new Textured Impressions Folder (Occasions Mini 117335) so the Big Shot got quite a workout with this one!  I didn't show the envelope, but I did stamp that with a flower from Vintage Vogue (Occasions Mini 117690 wood, 118598 clear).

So Jamie, I'm banking on the fact that you are too busy cleaning, baking, dressing etc. for your big night to be surfing my blog today (does anyone surf my blog?  If you do, can you let me know?  I may give you some blog candy just for telling me!) and this card will still be a surprise when you get it next week.

Until later - bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment